If you are interested in joining, please come check us out:
- Any boy or girl aged 11 or older but not yet 18 (or age 10 with a Cub Scout Arrow of Light award) is eligible and welcome to join.
- Note: As a temporary transition rule, both boys and girls aged 16 years or older but not yet 18 who join Scouts BSA between 2/1/2019 and 12/31/2019 may request extensions to complete the Eagle Scout Award requirements after they turn 18 years of age. Requests can be for up to 2 years past the date they joined Scouts BSA.
- Feel free to attend any Tuesday Troop meeting to meet our Scouts, Leaders, and Parents.
- Check our "Calendar" page first to make sure we are meeting (we don't meet on school holidays or when schools are closed due to bad weather) and confirm the location.
- You can also use the "Contact Us" page to email the Scoutmaster or Committee Chair to check the detailed agenda and let us know you are coming.
Troop 1396 Invites You to Join Scouts!
The Adventure Begins...
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
Prospective Scouts and their parents are cordially invited to come to one of our Tuesday evening meetings to check out the Troop! Webelos, come on by to experience the best Scouting program in the Lake Ridge area! Contact: email@example.com
- Youth can be Scouts
- If they have completed the fifth grade and are at least 10 years old, or
- Have earned the Arrow of Light Award and are at least 10 years old, or
- Are age 11 but have not reached the age of 18.
- Complete a BSA youth application and medical record, signed by a parent or guardian.
- A boy earns the initial rank of Scout by repeating the Pledge of Allegiance, learning and promising to live by the Scout Oath, the Scout Law, the Scout Motto and Slogan, and the Outdoor Code. He must also demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake; describe the parts of the Scout badge; and learn how to tie a square knot.
A Boy Scout Troop can't succeed without dedicated adult leaders! Complete an adult application and health history and join your son in the adventures of Scouting! Troop 1396 is always in need of Scoutmasters, Committee Members, Merit Badge Counselors, and parent volunteers to support outings, events and service projects. A variety of adult training is available to help you be part of the program. Being a "Scouter" is a rewarding, life-enriching experience and a great way to spend quality time with the boys!
BSA registration and insurance for Scouts is currently $66.00 per year, $5.00 per month membership fee to BSA and $6.00 annual insurance fee to Council. For adults it is $3.00 per month ($36.00/year) and $6.00 annual insurance fee. There is a one-time Troop startup fee of $45 which includes a Troop t-shirt, cap, neckerchief, and more. Troop dues are just $48/year, and an optional Boy's Life magazine subscription is $12/year. The Boy Scout Handbook is only $8.50 and uniforms, camping gear and other items can be purchased incrementally as needs arise. Outings are "pay as you go" and very affordable. Click here for more info on these fees.
Troop 1396 Scouts have the opportunity to raise money for activities through annual Christmas Tree sales and popcorn sales. Many of our boys have earned enough to completely pay for summer camp through just one fundraiser!